This protein-packed granola is the perfect start to a fall morning. It’s great with yoghurt, milk, soy milk, or just on its own. Yum.
I want to like oatmeal. I really do. There’s something appealing about the warmth and the weight, and I like the idea of not wanting a snack an hour after breakfast. I tried some again last week, but I just can’t get over the texture. Maybe granola is the next best thing. My picky three-year-old thinks it’s pretty good, too!
Thanks to our amazing YogaFlex trainer (and vegetarian) Suzanne for this protein-packed, vegetarian/vegan recipe that will satisfy the egg-and-bacon lovers in your house, too!
Yummy Protein-Packed Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp oil (sunflower or canola)
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Mix maple syrup, oil, apple juice and vanilla in a small bowl. 3. In a large bowl mix the oats, nuts, seeds and coconut. 4. Add maple syrup mixture to coat oat mixture. 5. Spread mixture on a baking tray and cook until crispy, stirring often. 6. It will probably take about 15 minutes, but check frequently. 7. Let everything cool and then add raisins, currants and apricots. Store in an airtight container.