A few weeks ago, I ‘fessed up to feeling a little down lately. The kids are growing, time is marching on and sometimes lately I struggle to keep up the cheery demeanour required in my chosen profession. There is nothing worse, I imagine, than having some poopypants whiner show up at your door at 6:00 a.m. to “motivate” you. So I suck it up. Then, every once in a while, I vent to a loved one or to all of you.
The last time I vented, in my post “Curing Separation Anxiety”, the readers at PTPA chimed in with a ton of great ideas to get the blood flowing, the heart pumping and the heart soaring. There is nothing like a little workout to cure what ails you.
Thanks for your suggestions, ladies! Here they are, a choose-your-own-adventure list of exercise solutions to relieve stress and get your workout on:
- My workout when I am feeling low is mommy and baby bootcamp. Its so nice to be able to work out and still have your baby there. – Susy
- I have been doing weights and working out on my elliptical trainer machine in my basement while watching TLC’s “What Not to Wear”. – Cheryl
- In snowy weather I stay in and do some relaxing breathing and stretching; in sunny weather I power walk around the block a few
- I go grab my iPod Shuffle, head down to our treadmill in the basement and run off the blahs — usually the music itself gets me into a better mood. I usually sing along too. – Jennifer Rayment
- I’m taking the kids for a walk right now. I think the fresh air and adrenaline rush is exactly what I need!!! – cc west
- Down to the ground for a few push ups. – Sarah
- I love going for a walk in nature. It both gets my blood flowing and gives me the chance to remember that there is beauty all around us. – Susan K
- Boxing on the Wii…really gets the blood pumping. – jeannine m
- If I can’t get out, I play with my toddler. Chasing her around is a definite workout! – Tara
- I [leave] yoga feeling fresh and rejuvenated. I now use it whenever possible. Really, I need it more often then I think. – Lisa Giampa
- I just do stretches and listen to music. – Angie Moore
- I find a channel on TV that reruns “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” and then do the “Carleton” dance – that always makes me laugh! – Sharlene
- My go to workout is pushing the kids in the jogging stroller while I am rollerblading! – dara stone
- When I’m feeling stressed I turn to my beginner TaeBo workout tape (yep, on VHS!). I love the easy moves and I always end up feeling strong and centered by the end. – Josee Plouffe
- “Dance on Broadway” for Wii. It makes me feel famous and automatically lifts my spirits. – Nicole
- When I am feeling low, I try and dance with my kids. I get out some extra energy and work out at the same time. – Kelly
So suck it up and work it out!
Did we miss something? Got a go-to workout for a bad day? Share it here!