I know you have dying bananas so save this round pan banana bread recipe! I’m going to change the way you make banana bread FOREVER.
First, I’m a plain or nut BBer. No chocolate for me. Weird, right? ??Do you like your banana bread with nuts or chocolate chips or PLAIN?
Why do I care which pan you use?
? Because these babies bake in HALF the time.
? And if you have many kids you know there is less fighting and waste when pieces are uniform and nobody gets the “heel.” These look lovely + make even slices.
? Plus you can freeze one or gift it to a neighbour!
Round Pan Banana Bread
Yields 2 pans (24 small slices)
- 2 cups AP or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 4-5 ripe to overripe bananas, mashed
- Optional: ½-¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 standard 9” round cake tins.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Stir well.
- In a large bowl or your stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add sour cream & vanilla, then bananas.
- Add dry mix in 2-3 batches and beat on low or stir until just combined. Don’t over beat!
- If using nuts or chocolate chips, stir in.
- Divide mix between pans equally. Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool 5 minutes then remove from pans to cool fully. DEVOUR.