This weekend, schedule an extra sweat session and then schedule a humongous piece of this decadent pumpkin chocolate cheesecake. We promise, you won’t regret it. After all, woman cannot live on kale alone.

We’re big fans of the 80/20 rule here at BB. You can control your appetite 80% of the time much better knowing that it’s ok to enjoy your fave foods the other 20%. of the time.  Can you imagine life without dessert? Popcorn at the movies? WINE? Now that is a depressing thought.

[Tweet “worth it: decadent pumpkin chocolate cheesecake. YUM! #bbresults >>”]

This fab cheesecake recipe is a family favourite contributed by former BB trainer Beth Beauchemin. She swears it’s worth the calories, and we think she’s right. Enjoy, and have a wonderful long weekend!


worth it: pumpkin chocolate cheesecake

yields 10-12 servings

  • 1 cup vanilla or graham wafer crumbs
  • ¼ cup cocoa powder
  • ¼ cup icing sugar
  • ¼ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
  • 3 8oz packages cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350F.  2. In a medium bowl, stir together crumbs, cocoa, and powdered sugar; stir in butter. 3. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up side of a springform pan. 4. Bake crust 8min, and remove from oven.  5. Increase oven temperature to 400F. 6. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and spice until well blended.  7. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until well blended.  8. Stir in chocolate chips; pour batter into prepared crust.  9. Bake 10min. and reduce oven temperature to 250F; continue baking for another 50min.  10. Remove from oven to wire rack.  With knife, loosen cake from sides of pan.  11. Cool completely, and then remove side of pan. Refrigerate before serving, then dive in!

Nutrition Information: Do you really want to know?

Contributed by Belly Bootcamp trainer Beth Beauchemin.