I don’t know what the hell happened to fall, but winter is here. Although eggs and bacon is the perfect winter breakfast, it’s not always ideal for a busy morning or a light pre-workout nosh. This smoothie takes just a minute and packs tons of healthy, fast-digesting carbohydrates to fuel your morning Belly Bootcamp class or power walk, and healthy fats to satisfy you and fuel your brain. It also tastes like summer, with banana, pineapple and coconut.
So whizz it up and close your eyes, and pretend it’s not 10 degrees below zero out there.
Pina Colada Smoothie
serves 1 (or 2 little ones)
- 1 ripe or frozen banana
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped (or canned pineapple, in a pinch)
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup full-fat plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- dash nutmeg
Combine in blender and whizz until smooth; drink & imagine sunny places!